What is the difference between Red Clay Pressed tiles and Roofplus Cool Roof Tiles?
- Solar Reflection Index for red clay tiles is 20 to 30 only (Roofplus 99).
- In the present scenario of climate changes, Cool Roofs are more useful.
- Temperature during 1950 s : 31 degree C
- Now in 2015/16 : 42 deg C
- Now we need heat reflective type of tiles. Not heat absorbing type of tiles.
What is the difference between 20 mm thick white tiles and Roofplus Cool Roof tiles?
- 20 mm thick tiles are generally made from white cement, fiber and lime additions.
- These white cement based tiles are not tested and certified in any national laboratory for the following tests.
- 1) Accelerated Weathering Test
- 2) Resistance to Stain Test
- 3) Resistance to Salt Spray Test
- 4) Resistance to Scratch Hardness Test
- 5) Design Registartion Certificate etc.
- Roofplus Weather Proof S.R.I. Tiles are tested and certified in NABL accredited laboratories.
- Any white color or light color is Cool Roof. But the question is how long the whiteness could exist. If any dust accumulates or color changes, how will you maintain?
- By doing a simple acid wash at any point of time during service life of terrace, Roofplus tiles whiteness can be restored, a washed terrace will look like new terrace.
- Acid wash is difficult in white cement tiles. Generally polishing ( to restore whiteness) is done which is not possible due to labour cost.
- Bending strength for 20 mm tiles : 50 to 60 kg per sq cm
- Roofplus Tile's Bending strength is > 100 sq cm.
How long the heat reflection power will last?
- This is ceramic glaze (glass) coat hardened and coated with zirconium and titanium oxides. Solar heat reflection will persist till building exists.
- Heat reflection power of Roofplus tile is >90.
- Weathered heat reflection power estimated by calculation is 86.
- For Cool Roof, a minimum of S.R.I 78 is required as per LEED/ IGBC/ ECBC/ BEE norms.
- Ceramic hardened glazes are 100% stain free. Easily washable. Hence heat reflection power will last more than building life.
How to fix Roofplus Weather Proof S.R.I Tiles?
Normally ceramic tiles have tendency to lift away due to heat. Roofplus tiles and fixing systems are designed for a sustainable roof (maintenance free or less).
Maintain necessary slope as per civil work spec. After sloping or gradient is maintained for rain water drain, fix Roofplus tiles by using cement mortar ( 1:8 ).
- 1) Soak the tiles in water for half an hour.
- 2) Fix the tiles in cement mortar with an uniform gap of 3 mm - 4 mm using Roofplus spacer
- 3) Fill 3 mm - 4 mm gap by using Roofplus fiber rich grout and Roofplus nano solution @ 150 ml per kg of grout.
- 4) Wipe the floor with dry cloath.
Get detailed tile fixing instructions from our authorized dealers.